BTC is a diverse Buddhist temple in the historic Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. Visit us on Sundays at 11 am for weekly English service (guide for newcomers here), explore education classes, attend Thursday & Sunday meditation, and drop in on our many cultural classes and events. Look above for links to more information about us and our many offerings. Check the Calendar for regularly scheduled classes and events and look on the right side of the page for our Facebook page and Announcements. Everyone is welcome here. See you soon. Directions and info on parking are at the bottom of the page.
It’s membership renewal time! Get your forms, fees/donations in today!
2018 Special Events (dates subject to change)
- Sunday, April 8 – Hana Matsuri (the Buddha’s birthday) service & luncheon
- Sunday, June 17 – Natsu Matsuri (summer festival & temple fundraiser)
- Saturday, August 11 – Bon Odori (Japanese folk dancing, practices at 7:30 pm on 7/31, 8/2, 8/7, & 8/9)
- Sunday, August 12 – Obon (annual memorial) service & luncheon
- Sunday, September 2 – Temple closed due to Eastern Buddhist League Conference
- Sunday, October 14 – Temple’s 74th Anniversary service & luncheon
- Sunday, November 18 – Ho-on-ko (Shinran’s memorial) service & luncheon
- Sunday, December 16 – Mochi-tsuki (rice cake pounding)
- First Sunday of the month – Shotsuki Hoyo (monthly memorial service). Note: In September, it will be the second Sunday. The temple is closed on September 2.
Photos from visitors, temple members, and Sam Lee Photo