BTC is a diverse Buddhist temple in the historic Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. Visit Sundays at 11 am for weekly English service (newcomer guide), explore our educational classes, meditate on Thursdays & Sundays, and drop in on our many cultural offerings and events. Check the Calendar for regular classes and Facebook page for the most recent updates. Everyone is welcome. Directions and parking info are at the bottom of the page.
*Throw in an additional donation of any amount with your membership and get a 75th anniversary commemorative pin (pick up at temple).
Featured legacy members: Louise (Bullington) Lokensgard and Melvin Lokensgard. Find out how to add your family member to the Legacy Pages here.
- Special Events (open to the public):
- First Sunday of every month – Shotsuki Hoyo (monthly memorial service)
- February 9, 2020 – 11:00 a.m. Pet Memorial
- February 15, 2020 – 2:00 p.m. Bishop Ito: How Interreligious Dialogue Has Deepened my Appreciation of Shin Buddhism
- Intro to Buddhism class starts in February – check back for details
Photos from visitors, temple members, and Sam Lee Photo
Visit our facebook page.