BTC is a diverse Buddhist temple in the historic Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. Visit on Sundays at 11 am for weekly English service (newcomer guide here), explore our educational classes, meditate on Thursdays & Sundays, and drop in on our many cultural offerings and events. Check the Calendar for regularly scheduled classes and our Facebook page for recent updates. Everyone is welcome. Directions and parking info are at the bottom of the page.
Thank you to everybody who attended and supported Natsu Matsuri on Sunday! Many thanks to temple members and friends who contributed so much the success of the event. See you next year!
Enter the 75th Anniversary T-Shirt Competition!
NEW* Legacy Pages. Honor your family’s history with the temple with the new pages designed to celebrate our 75th Anniversary.
The new summer education schedule is up (click image):
- Special Events for 2019 (dates subject to change):
- First Sunday of every month – Shotsuki Hoyo (monthly memorial service)
- June 23 – Natsu Matsuri (Summer Festival) – food order form here
- July 28 – Temple picnic
- August 18 – Obon Service
- August 25 – Koso-ki
- September 22 – Fall O-Higan
- October 8 – 75th Anniversary!
- October 13 – Temple 75th Anniversary service
- October 27 – Halloween Party
- November 24 – Ho-on-ko (Shinran memorial)
- December 8 – Bodhi Day
- December 29 – Year-End Service, Mochi-tsuki
- January 1, 2020 – New Year’s Day Service
Photos from visitors, temple members, and Sam Lee Photo