BTC is a diverse Buddhist temple in the historic Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. Visit on Sundays at 11 am for weekly English service (guide for newcomers here), explore our educational classes, meditate on Thursdays & Sundays, and drop in on our many cultural offerings and events. Check the Calendar for regularly scheduled classes and our Facebook page for recent updates. Everyone is welcome. Directions and parking info are at the bottom of the page.
NEW Legacy Pages. Honor your family’s history with the temple with the new pages designed to celebrate our 75th Anniversary.
The new spring education schedule is up (click image):
- Special Events for 2019 (dates subject to change):
- First Sunday of every month – Shotsuki Hoyo (monthly memorial service)
- April 14 – Hanamatsuri
- May 26 – Tanjo-e (Shinran’s birthday)
- June 23 – Natsu Matsuri (Summer Festival)
- July 28 – Temple picnic
- August 18 – Obon Service
- August 25 – Koso-ki
- September 22 – Fall O-Higan
- October 8 – 75th Anniversary!
- October 13 – Temple 75th Anniversary service
- October 27 – Halloween Party
- November 24 – Ho-on-ko (Shinran memorial)
- December 8 – Bodhi Day
- December 29 – Year-End Service, Mochi-tsuki
- January 1, 2020 – New Year’s Day Service
Photos from visitors, temple members, and Sam Lee Photo