BTC is a diverse Buddhist temple in the historic Uptown neighborhood of Chicago. Visit Sundays at 11 am for weekly English service (newcomer guide), explore our educational classes, meditate on Thursdays & Sundays, and drop in on our many cultural offerings and events. Check the Calendar for regular classes and Facebook page for the most recent updates. Everyone is welcome. Directions and parking info are at the bottom of the page.
Thank you to everybody who made the anniversary celebration a success!
Featured legacy members: Masato and Haruko Tademoto. Fun fact: Harky used to clean the temple every week and is famous for being the fastest person ever. This is an amazing achievement for anyone, but she was cleaning in her late 80’s.
Photo Archives. We are establishing a photographic archive of BTC. Contact email@example.com for more info.
The revised education schedule is up (click image):
- Special Events (dates subject to change):
- First Sunday of every month – Shotsuki Hoyo (monthly memorial service)
- October 8 – 75th Anniversary!
- November 23, 2 p.m. – Rev. Ken Yamada
- November 24 – Ho-on-ko (Shinran memorial)
- December 8 – Bodhi Day
- December 29 – Year-End Service, Mochitsuki
- January 1, 2020 – New Year’s Day Service
Photos from visitors, temple members, and Sam Lee Photo
Visit our facebook page.